So i've heard it before. "My husband doesn't want to have his photos taken" What do you do NOW?
Let me tell you a little tale, well a true story, but tale sounded nice. Anyway, when I first started taking photos, my husband wasn't the keenest on getting his photo taken, smiling for the camera, willingly posing. So what changed? He saw the results, the special moments captured. The snuggles, the pictures forever saved that will forever allow his daughters and himself to see their relationship. Him as a protector, a comforter, to witness his love. Those memories and these visuals will live on after he's gone. The ones of our family, the ones of us as a couple, the ones of him as a dad and even the ones of just him.
So what do you do to try to let your husband/boyfriend/ finance let them know how much it means to you?
1. TELL THEM. No seriously, gently explain from your heart, how much it means to you to document whatever your special moment is.
2. ASK THEM. This goes hand in hand with number one. Ask and explain. Nothing ventured nothing gained right?!
3. BRIBE THEM. I am not above, bribery with children, nor with spouses when it comes to photographic participation (hahaha). Make a deal, or a promise. "Ill do X if you to Y." Take over the chore they dislike the most for a week, cook their favorite meal (even if you don't like it)
4. HELP HIM GET DRESSED. A lot of guys do not like to pick out clothes, let alone have to coordinate with the entire family. Help him by helping to pick out his outfit! Something that he likes, but still works with the family/the feel of the session.
5. TELL HIM HE LOOKS GREAT. Just like how women need a little self-confidence boost, sometimes guys do to. Compliment him! Whisper in his ear, tell him he looks handsome.
Most of all remember to HAVE FUN. This is a no pressure, go with the flow, joking environment. Here at CHP, that is a goal, Capture love and beauty, through fun and have everyone leave with a smile. Guy's too.